EMPOWER TO EDUCATE
Support for Beginning a Career in Child Care
Are you interested in a career in child care and early childhood education? With funding from the Minnesota Department of Human Services, Empower to Educate helps current and aspiring early childhood educators advance and sustain their career goals in child care. Our workforce development program offers financial support, free training options, job skills training, job placement support, and mentorship opportunities. Participants also receive ongoing support from a local Workforce Advisor.
Empower to Educate actively promotes equity, inclusion, and cultural responsiveness according to the Child Care Aware of Minnesota mission statement.
Empower to Educate helps current and aspiring early childhood educators begin, advance, and sustain their child care careers.
- Personal support from a local Workforce Advisor.
- $300 to help you complete training requirements.
- $600 after working in a Minnesota child care program for six months.
- A free training package in English, Spanish, or Somali.
- Job skills training like resume writing and interview coaching
- Help accessing and navigating technology
- Connect to low- to no-cost college classes and early childhood certificate programs
- The Empower to Educate Mentorship Program
Be part of an exciting and supportive Empower to Educate community as you begin and advance your child care career. We are here to support you every step of the way!
Empower to Educate Participants must:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be able to pass a background study
- Be interested in a career at a licensed or certified child care program in Minnesota
- Complete and sign an Empower to Educate Participant Agreement Form
Empower to Educate participants are:
- New to the field educators, people interested in beginning careers at licensed or certified child care center programs or family child care programs
- Educators recently working in the field, aides, substitutes
- People with some college-level education but have never worked in the child care or early education field
- Educators recently working in the field with some professional development and are interested in beginning a career path with additional coursework or training
- Reach out to your local Workforce Advisor through the Empower to Educate interest form to connect and get started.
- Attend a Empower to Educate information session in-person or online.
- Along with your Workforce Advisor, complete the Empower to Educate onboarding process including:
Questions or concerns? Reach out to us at EmpowerToEducate@childcareawaremn.org. We’re here to help!