EMPOWER TO EDUCATE
Support for Beginning a Career in Child Care
Are you interested in a career in child care and early childhood education? With funding from the Minnesota Department of Human Services, Empower to Educate helps current and aspiring early childhood educators advance and sustain their career goals in child care. Our workforce development program offers financial support, free training options, job skills training, job placement support, and mentorship opportunities. Participants also receive ongoing support from a local Workforce Advisor.
Empower to Educate actively promotes equity, inclusion, and cultural responsiveness according to the Child Care Aware of Minnesota mission statement.
- Ongoing support from a local Workforce Advisor. Set career goals and work together to make an action plan.
- Free pre-service training package. Courses are available in English, Spanish, and Somali both in-person and online utilizing Eager-to-Learn and Anytime Learning.
- Financial support to help you complete necessary training requirements
- Hiring bonus after working at a licensed child care program in Minnesota for six months
- Referrals to community resources and support
- Job skills training like resume writing and interview coaching
- Job placement support
- Technology support
- Information about opportunities to continue your education
- Live in Minnesota
- Be able to pass a background study
- Be interested in a career at a licensed child care program in Minnesota
- Complete and sign an Empower to Educate Participant Agreement Form
- Reach out to your local Workforce Advisor through the Empower to Educate interest form to connect and get started
- Attend a Empower to Educate information session in-person or online
- Along with your Workforce Advisor, complete the Empower to Educate onboarding process including:
Questions or concerns? Reach out to us at EmpowerToEducate@childcareawaremn.org. We’re here to help!