Exploring important issues for a changing field.
Our policy briefs explore important issues affecting the early childhood field. For more information about Child Care Aware’s advocacy efforts, please contact Nicolette Graf, Equity and Advocacy Coordinator.
- Empower to Educate
- This brief summarizes the Empower to Educate program, reviews the barriers that the program addresses, and offers participant testimonials.
- Child Care Wayfinder
- This brief provides an overview of the Child Care Wayfinder program and the barriers that the program addresses, and includes participant testimonials.
- Decrease of Licensed Family Child Care in Minnesota
- This brief discussing the relationship between family child care closure and regulation in Minnesota is a companion piece to the NAEYC issue brief, “The Child Care Supply Crisis: Why Deregulation is Not the Answer.”
- This brief discusses why deregulation is not the solution to the problems in the child care system.
- Direct Support for Child Care Programs
- This brief discusses how directly supporting child care programs with cash payments can help address problems of staffing shortages and low wages.
- Why Ratios Matter
- This brief explores the importance of maintaining appropriate child-to-caregiver ratios in child care settings.
- Higher Education and Early Childhood Education
- This brief examines some of the issues involved in creating a highly educated early childhood workforce.
- Licensed Child Care Training
- This brief discusses the importance of training requirements for child care licensing.