FOREIGN Credential Evaluation Scholarships
Assistance for Those Educated Abroad
Foreign Credential Evaluation Scholarships help early childhood educators who have completed their high school or higher education coursework outside of the United States pay for the evaluation of educational transcripts. Achieve - the Minnesota Center for Professional Development - to assign an accurate Career Lattice Step in Develop and may be used toward higher education goals.
- Be working or volunteering in a Minnesota early childhood program or currently participating in Empower to Educate
- Have a current, complete, and up to date Develop Individual Membership
- Choose a firm to evaluate your credentials and request a written price quote. You must choose one of the following agencies:
- Gather the required documents listed below:
- The price quote for your evaluation
- Your Develop Learning Record which must include:
- A Current Membership
- Employment or volunteer status at a Minnesota early childhood program that is verified (unless participating in Empower to Educate)
- Apply online for a scholarship
How are scholarship funds awarded and distributed?
Child Care Aware of Minnesota will notify you of your scholarship and notify the evaluation firm that we will be paying some or all your fees. Translation fees may be covered if it is needed for evaluation. No scholarship will exceed $550. You are responsible for the cost of any additional fees, such as expedited delivery.
If you need to purchase official transcripts from another country, you can be reimbursed for those costs if you submit a receipt that lists the payment in U.S. dollars.
Does my scholarship expire?
Yes, Foreign Credential Evaluation Scholarships expire 60 days after the award date.
What do I need to send to Achieve – The Minnesota Center for Professional Development in order to have my education added to my Develop Learning Record?
Please visit the Achieve website to view their Foreign Education Documentation Policy to confirm what is needed on your course-by-course evaluation report. Once evaluated, you will send Achieve the original or a copy of your transcript so that they can assign an accurate Career Lattice Step for you in Develop.
How many copies of my transcript will the scholarship pay for?
The scholarship maximum amount is designed to cover one or two copies. You must send one original or a copy of your evaluated transcript to Achieve. The quote you include with your application may include a second copy if it is needed for admission to a Minnesota college or university.
Can I get help with this process from someone who speaks a language other than English?
Yes, please send an email to CDA@childcareawaremn.org and let us know what language you are most comfortable speaking. We will provide someone who can help you with translation.