Join the Child Care Aware Team
Below you will find current job openings at the Child Care Aware of Minnesota Coordinating Office, our Region and District sites, and our partner organizations. Follow the instructions in the postings to apply.
Child Care Aware of Minnesota provides statewide leadership in shaping collaborations that collectively build a diverse, high-quality child care system accessible for all Minnesota families through partnership with and in support of local resource and referral services. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work, offering competitive benefits, a flexible work environment, and opportunities for long-term professional growth. We are looking for team members who are passionate, adaptable, and interested in high-impact work that influences systems statewide. Embedding equity in organizational practices is a core value and we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in hiring, promotion, and workplace culture.
The Parent Aware Quality Rater is responsible for the review of Quality Documentation Portfolios submitted by child care programs who are seeking a Parent Aware Rating. This position requires attention to detail to ensure consistency and rater reliability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with daily administrative duties related to Parent Aware.
- Review Quality Documentation Portfolios.
- Review assigned Quality Documentation Portfolios following established guidelines to ensure consistency
- Develop and demonstrate consistent inter-rater reliability
- Record Rating data utilizing the Department of Human Services’ Develop database.
- Assist in updates to the policies and procedures for the data entry of all Parent Aware Rating data
- Assist in cross-checking the system to verify data
- 2-year degree or two years of higher education completed
- Extensive computer and database skills and understanding of data systems
- Ability to work independently as well as with others
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Able to work in a changing environment with demanding deadlines
- Knowledge of or experience with cultural diversity issues and the ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups
- May require sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time
- Limited telework options available
- This position reports to the Rating Team Manager
Compensation and Benefits:
- $24-$29/hour depending on qualifications
- Independent contractor, non-benefit earning
- Part-time, seasonal with up to 20 hours per week
- People of color and American Indians encouraged to apply - EOE
Child Care Aware of Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. We encourage interested applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Application Deadline - Friday February 29, 2020
Interested applicants should submit resume and cover letter through our hiring portal.