Join the Child Care Aware Team
Below you will find current job openings at the Child Care Aware of Minnesota Coordinating Office, our Region and District sites, and our partner organizations. Follow the instructions in the postings to apply.
The Learning Community Coordinator is responsible for providing technical assistance and support to students in the Minnesota Child Development Associate (MNCDA) and Minnesota Child Development Associate Infant/Toddler (MNCDA-IT) Learning Communities. This position will partner with the Workforce Advising Coordinator at the Coordinating Office, as well as district Plan and Advise Staff at the local level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver opening CDA orientation to students with Workforce Coordinator
- Partner with Plan Staff to ensure that all students are registered for courses and current with payment. Plan Staff will provide the Learning Community Coordinator with a roster of currently enrolled students and ongoing attendance information.
- Partner with Professional Development Advisors to ensure continuous advising and support after the cohort
- Student and Instructor support on portfolio or CDA communications for each course
- Provide guidance and assistance to students writing their portfolio philosophy statements and delivering family questionnaires
- Provide support with final CDA Application steps as needed, including the CDA application scholarship
- Share information regarding the CDA Scholarships Application after CDA is received
- 2-year degree in the field of Child Development or related field of study and experience
- Experience coaching, advising, or mentoring early childhood educators
- Familiarity with the CDA
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of or experience with cultural diversity issues and the ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups
- Occasional travel
- Frequent email and phone communication
- This position reports to the Workforce Advising Coordinator
Compensation and benefits:
- This is a contracted position. The Learning Community Coordinator will be paid $100 per student supported in the learning community
- People of color encouraged are to apply. EOE
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Kylie Cooper at email@example.com by August 20, 2018.