Join the Child Care Aware Team
Below you will find current job openings at the Child Care Aware of Minnesota Coordinating Office, our Region and District sites, and our partner organizations. Follow the instructions in the postings to apply.
Child Care Aware of Minnesota provides statewide leadership in shaping collaborations that collectively build a diverse, high-quality child care system accessible for all Minnesota families through partnership with and in support of local resource and referral services. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work, offering competitive benefits, flexible work environment, and opportunities for long-term professional growth. We are looking for team members who are passionate, adaptable, and interested in high-impact work that influences systems statewide. Embedding equity in organizational practices is a core value and we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in hiring, promotion, and workplace culture.
The Workforce Curriculum Coordinator is responsible for the organization, coordination, and maintenance of over 300 Early Childhood training curriculum library. This position will work in partnership with the Department of Human Services (DHS) and the Child Care Aware of Minnesota’s (CCA) Professional Development team to ensure courses are up to date and Licensing and Parent Aware training needs are met statewide.
Duties and responsibilities
- Partner with the Department of Human Services and the Director of Workforce Development to maintain the Department of Human Services (DHS) Early Childhood, Eager-to-Learn Curriculum Library and the 365 website.
- Ensure current course data is correct in Develop (MN’s Early Childhood Training Registry)
- Collaborate with the Eager-to-Learn staff to develop and implement an ongoing plan to keep course content relevant and accurate
- Maintain documentation on curriculum that tracks revisions updates and changes to courses as well concerns that the field is sharing about the courses
- Create and enter courses on Develop
- Develop, implement and update a continuous improvement plan to determine where there are curriculum gaps in the Department of Human Services Early Childhood and CCA Online Curriculum Library based on the Knowledge and Competency Framework.
- Work closely with CCA district staff on curriculum needs
- Conduct needs assessments of current curriculum and gap areas
- Review CCA district biannual reports, analyze data, document trends and other important information
- Recommend updates to DHS/ETL collecting and managing Trainer and Training Evaluation Tools (TTET) for DHS courses
- Plan curriculum needs for the new Knowledge and Competency Framework areas
- 4 year degree in the field of Child Development or related study and or equivalent experience
- Experience in instructional design and project management
- Demonstrated intercultural competency skills and experience working cross-culturally, with a commitment to incorporating the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion into your work
- Achieve Trainer Course writer and Online trainer endorsement
- Full-time, non-exempt, temporary long-term position
- Flexible scheduling, family-friendly work culture
- Hybrid work arrangement that blends working virtually and onsite
- May require sitting or stationary position for extended periods of time
- Occasional travel within metro area
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or weekly negative COVID-19 test results
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual salary range- $42,480-$51,130 annually depending on qualifications plus an additional $2,000/year for medical expenses
- Competitive benefits package: health, dental, life insurance, long term disability, paid time off, 401k
Interested applicants should Apply Here through our hiring portal by February 14, 2023.
Child Care Aware of Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. We encourage interested applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
With funding from the Minnesota Department of Human Services, Child Care Aware of Minnesota is creating a one-stop regional assistance network to help current and aspiring child care providers establish licensed family child care programs or child care centers.
To help build this regional network, Child Care Aware agencies across the state are hiring staff. In addition to recruitment, network staff will provide new child care providers with technical assistance to start or expand a child care program and connect them to helpful resources.
Child Care Capacity Building Consultants/Coaches will contribute to local and statewide efforts to improve access to child care for families by increasing the supply of high-quality, licensed child care programs. Central to this work will be recruiting individuals and organizations interested in becoming licensed child care providers and assisting providers in starting new licensed child care programs, retaining existing programs that may be at risk of closing, and expanding programs with the potential to grow. Child Care Capacity Building Consultants/Coaches are eligible to receive scholarships for foreign credential evaluation and for pursuing a two-or-four-year college degree in early childhood or child development.
For more information on open positions and application instructions, check the following agency sites. Please check these sites regularly, as not all jobs are posted yet. Exact job titles may vary from agency to agency.
Tri-Valley Opportunity Council, East Grand Forks
Regions 2, 5
Mahube-Otwa CAP, Park Rapids and Wadena
Regions 3, 7E
Pine Technical and Community College, Duluth and Pine City
Lakes and Prairies CAP, Moorhead
United CAP, Cosmos
Prairie Five CAP, Montevideo
Milestones, Waite Park
Southwestern Minnesota Opportunity Council, Worthington
Regions 9, 10
Families First of Minnesota, Mankato and Rochester
Think Small, Minneapolis and St. Paul offices (Anoka, Hennepin, Ramsey, Washington counties)
360 Communities, Burnsville (Dakota County)
Scott Carver CAP, Shakopee (Scott and Carver counties)