Instructor-Led Online Courses with a Community Feel
Eager-to-Learn (ETL) courses are instructor-led, online courses for in-depth learning on a variety of topics. All Eager-to-Learn courses utilize message board discussions and weekly live, text-based chat sessions. Message board discussions take place over several days. Responses can be posted at any time prior to the weekly chat. Live chat sessions are scheduled for one evening during the week, typically for 45 minutes. You must login at the scheduled time in order to participate in the chat.
Visit the Eager-to-Learn website to learn more!
A weekly lesson in an Eager-to-Learn course will include the following assignments:
- Selected readings that expand on and enhance the lesson
- Message board questions that allow you to interact with your instructor and other students in the course
- A live-chat session with your instructor and fellow students
- A reflective assignment, which is an opportunity to communicate one-on-one with your instructor about what you’ve learned
- Registration requires a Develop account. Students who do not have a Develop account can create one at developtoolmn.org. For assistance with Develop accounts, such as login information and profile updates, contact the Develop helpdesk directly at email@example.com or 833-605-6938.
- Registration and payment must be completed online through Develop’s secure website. Students who register for a course listed on the Eager-to-Learn website will be routed to Develop to complete registration.
- Payment must be made using a credit or debit card. Students are not registered for a course until payment is received in full.
- Register early! Enrollment for Eager-to-Learn instructor-led courses closes one week prior to the course start date.
- Eager-to-Learn will cancel courses if fewer than five students register. If a course is cancelled, students will be notified no later than one week prior to the start of the course.
- If a course is cancelled, Eager-to-Learn staff will contact students to enroll them in another course or process a refund.
- Students who cancel their registration for an Eager-to-Learn course one week prior to the course start date will receive a full refund.
- In order to cancel an Eager-to-Learn registration, students must contact ETLsupport@childcareawaremn.org before the cancellation deadline.
- Develop Learning Records will serve as proof of course completion. When students are ready to send their licensor training documentation, they can access their Develop Learning Record at developtoolmn.org.
- All attendance will be entered in Develop within 3 business days following the completion of the final assignment.
- Students must complete required coursework before the end of a course in order to have their attendance confirmed in Develop. Detailed information on coursework deadlines is available in your classroom.
|Length of Course||In-Service Hours Earned||Total Cost|
|3-week course||8 hours||$40.00|
|4-week course||12 hours||$60.00|
|5-week course||16 hours||$80.00|