Instructor-Led Online Courses with a Community Feel
Eager-to-Learn (ETL) courses are multi-week, instructor-led courses for in-depth learning on a variety of topics. All ETL courses utilize message board discussions and weekly live-chat discussions. Students review assigned course materials and participate in board discussions prior to the weekly chat. Mandatory live-chat discussions are scheduled for one evening during the week, typically for 45 minutes, and elaborate on the content covered.
Visit the Eager-to-Learn website to learn more!
A weekly lesson in an Eager-to-Learn course will include the following assignments:
- Selected readings that expand on and enhance the lesson
- Message board questions that allow you to interact with your instructor and other students in the course
- A live-chat session with your instructor and fellow students
- A reflective assignment, which is an opportunity to communicate one-on-one with your instructor about what you’ve learned
- Registration requires a Develop account. Students who do not have a Develop account can create one at developtoolmn.org. For assistance with Develop accounts, such as login information and profile updates, contact the Develop helpdesk directly at email@example.com or 833-605-6938.
- Registration and payment must be completed online through Develop’s secure website. Students who register for a course listed on the Eager-to-Learn website will be routed to Develop to complete registration.
- Payment must be made using a credit or debit card. Students are not registered for a course until payment is received in full.
- Register early! Enrollment for Eager-to-Learn instructor-led courses closes one week prior to the course start date.
- Eager-to-Learn will cancel courses if fewer than five students register. If a course is cancelled, students will be notified no later than one week prior to the start of the course.
- If a course is cancelled, Eager-to-Learn staff will contact students to enroll them in another course or process a refund.
- Students who cancel their registration for an Eager-to-Learn course one week prior to the course start date will receive a full refund.
- In order to cancel an Eager-to-Learn course registration, students must contact ETLsupport@childcareawaremn.org before the cancellation deadline.
- Develop Learning Records will serve as proof of course completion. When students are ready to send their licensor training documentation, they can access their Develop Learning Record at developtoolmn.org.
- All attendance will be entered in Develop within 3 business days following the completion of the final assignment.
- Students must complete required coursework before the end of a course in order to have their attendance confirmed in Develop. Detailed information on coursework deadlines is available in your classroom.
- Students can complete a maximum of 6 hours of training in a single day.
|Length of Course||In-Service Hours Earned||Total Cost|
|3-week course||8 hours||$40.00|
|4-week course||12 hours||$60.00|
|5-week course||16 hours||$80.00|
|6-week course||32 hours||$130.00|