Training for Child Care Aware
Child Care Aware Opportunities for Trainers
What is the Child Care Aware system offering training professionals?
- Excellent learning opportunities that will allow trainers to expand their offerings
- A welcome to all trainers, inexperienced or seasoned, focused on family or center-based child care and working in the metro area or Greater Minnesota
- A commitment to the diverse training community charged with educating our critical child care workforce.
What are the benefits of working with your Child Care Aware agency?
- Leadership and learning opportunities built on the understanding that trainers are essential to our state’s educational system:
- The latest, high-quality training opportunities that empower professionals to lead Parent Aware, Core Competencies and Child Development Associate Credential-accepted trainings
- Marketing support, such as trainings advertised in Child Care Aware training catalogs and websites
- Support in delivering trainer-developed learning opportunities
- Event and office support such as certificate processing and registration management.
How do training professionals participate?
- Join the Minnesota Center for Professional Development’s Registry and become an approved trainer.
- Connect with your local Child Care Aware professional development coordinator to become a part of the Child Care Aware training community.
- Learn about the latest TOT opportunities by visiting www.childcareawaremn.org.
What else should training professionals know about working with Child Care Aware?
Trainers are hired as independent contractors as local training demand allows and based on their:
- Background and qualifications
- Approved trainer status (as determined by the Minnesota Center for Professional Development) and
- Experience with underserved communities.
How can I get answers to my questions about the Minnesota Center for Professional Development’s Registry?
Please view a presentation offering detailed information on the Registry: http://www.mncpd.org/docs/Practitioner_Application_Presentation_Power_point_1-19-11_fo.pdf or call 651-999-5835.
- Professionals & Caregivers