R.E.E.T.A.I.N. Bonuses Reward Excellence in Child Care
R.E.E.T.A.I.N. (Retaining Early Educators Through Attaining Incentives Now) is designed to offer incentives to keep strong, well-trained professionals in the field and working with the same group of children over time.
The program rewards child care professionals who have earned a degree or National Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) and have demonstrated a general commitment to continuing education and professional development.
R.E.E.T.A.I.N. bonuses are available to child care professionals who have worked in the same program for at least one year and work with the same group of children 30 hours or more a week (on average).
R.E.E.T.A.I.N. bonuses are awarded annually. The bonuses range from $1,000 to $3,500 and can be used to cover program or personal expenses. They are intended to improve the child care professionals’ bottom line.
Applications may be submitted:
- From center-based child care professionals between December 1 and January 31.
- From family child care professionals between June 1 and July 31.
R.E.E.T.A.I.N. bonuses are awarded to the most qualified applicants and as funds allow.
R.E.E.T.A.I.N. offers bonuses to child care professionals who:
- Are licensed to provide child care or work for a licensed child care program
- Work at least 30 hours per week directly with same one or two groups of children
- Have been working in their current position for at least one year
- Have earned a National Child Development Associate Credential, Associate Degree, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Are willing to commit to staying in their position for one year.
Child care providers who are currently completing a T.E.A.C.H. contract do not qualify for a R.E.E.T.A.I.N. grant.
R.E.E.T.A.I.N. Rewarding and Sustaining Minnesota’s Child Care Professionals
- Professionals & Caregivers