Save the Date
This year’s Worlds of Wisdom Trainer & RBPD Summit will be October 4 - 6, 2018, at Cragun’s Resort in Brainerd, Minnesota. It’s an opportunity to foster a community of practice and professional development opportunities for anyone interested in best practices of adult education.
Join your colleagues in:
- Increasing competency
- Modeling and promoting professionalism
- Meeting and mingling with your peers
Registration will open in July 2018 and we look forward to seeing everyone at the 2018 Trainer & RBPD Summit!
Request for Presenter Proposals
We invite you to share your knowledge and experience by being a presenter at this year’s summit! This year we are NOT requiring presenters and sessions to be approved by Achieve. Each accepted session presenter will receive free registration for the one day they present their session. All proposals must be submitted through our online application form.
- Submit your proposal for the conference by May 6, 2018.
- Applicants will be notified regarding the status of their proposals no later than May 16, 2018.
- Presenters may submit more than one proposal.
- 2 hour sessions will be paid $375
- 3 hour sessions will be paid $500
- PechaKucha presenters will be compensated $100, with their registration waived for that day (a $50 value)
- Shared Voices and Stories Forum participants will be compensated $100
Things to Consider for Your Proposal
- All topics related to RBPD and Trainers will be considered, however we are always looking for new topics/sessions that are interesting and of value to RBPD specialists and trainers in our field to continue growth among our early childhood approved trainers and RBPD professionals.
- What is unique or innovative about the topic that you want to share?
- Do you have a challenge you would like to lay out and work with others to solve or exchange ideas on?
- Diversity of presenters is a high priority.
- Reflect on your topic from a racial equity perspective. Does your approach to creating a high-quality system that is responsive to the diversity of children’s abilities, race, culture and language take equity into consideration?
- Think interactive in your session. Emphasize discussion and not talking heads.
New This Year: PechaKucha-Style Closing
In lieu of a closing keynote, we will have seven presenters participate in a PechaKucha-style closing.
What is PechaKucha?
PechaKucha (Japanese: ペチャクチャ, IPA: [petɕa kɯ̥tɕa], chit-chat) is a presentation style in which 20 slides are shown for 20 seconds each (6 minutes and 40 seconds in total). The format, which keeps presentations concise and fast-paced, powers multiple-speaker presentations.
What does this mean for you?
Maybe you do not want to present for two or three hours, but you have something you want to share. Pick your topic but keep it relevant to the field. Share something that you are passionate about; something new you have learned; something you love and want us to know more about; what drives you to keep doing this work; a new curriculum you wrote; etc. Get creative! This is your time to let your voice be heard.
Speakers will prepare 20 slides and each slide will stay up for 20 seconds. Your presentation, as mentioned above, will be 6 minutes 40 seconds in length. We will choose seven speakers to present.
Complete the online PechaKucha Application to apply for one of these presenter spots.
New This Year: Shared Voices and Stories Forum
The goal is to provide a forum for early childhood leaders and trainers that allows them to share a creative, motivational, inspiring, captivating, passionate, moving, or thought-provoking "performance." We are calling this a performance since the rest of the summit participants will be an audience during the forum (to be clear: this is not a talent show, though you may draw on your talents to share your voice/story). This is no specific medium that needs to be used, but options include (but are not limited to):
- Spoken word
- An interview
What does this mean for you?
Each sharing will need to stay within a 4-6 minute time limit. If you are interested in contributing, complete the online application to apply for one of these presenter spots.