The Trainer & RBPD Summit Request of Proposals
Thank you for your interest in submitting a proposal for the 2020 Trainer & RBPD Summit.
The Trainer and RBPD Summit offers professional development opportunities for trainers, RBPD specialists, and directors in the early childhood field to gain new, relevant information and to network among their peers. It is our goal to provide a variety of topics and unique presentation ideas.
This year, the theme for the Summit is Daring to Grow. This can mean being open to change and doing things a different way or going back to the basics and seeing opportunities to improve skills we wish we had time to work on. We are looking for proposals that not only meet professional development needs, but also motivate and encourage participants in “daring to grow” as professionals in the early childhood field.
We will have three tracks: trainers, RBPD specialists, and directors. As always, please use a diversity, equity and inclusion lens. Look at language you use. For example, the definition of words like “appropriate” or “acceptable” vary by culture.
Topic Ideas for Trainers
- How to market yourself as a trainer
- Overcoming barriers to effective training
- Effective participant involvement
- Increasing confidence as a trainer
- Building your trainer business
- Addressing a variety of behaviors or group dynamics during a training
- Creating engaging and measurable learning activities
- Using technology, PowerPoints, etc.
Topic Ideas for RBPD Specialists
- Being pulled in many directions/wanting to fix everything
- When we feel like good enough is not good enough
- Creating a climate that promotes learning and inquiry
- Establishing and maintaining relationships
- Going deeper on skills related to the coaching cycle: planning/setting goals, observation, feedback
- Being and staying organized
- Seeing our own strengths and the strengths of others
- The power in learning from what does not work
- Working with courage, compassion, and connection
- Facilitating effective group coaching sessions or professional learning communities
- Assessing coach effectiveness
- Observation, feedback and evaluation strategies
- Goal setting
Topic Ideas for Directors
- Putting on my coaching hat as a director
- Coaching versus supervising
- Intersection of licensing and quality
- What is quality?
- Switching the mindset to challenging behaviors for adults
- Reflection for directors
- Engaging you and your team with social policy and change agents
- Creating a culture of reciprocal encouragement
- 1.5-hour sessions: $350
- 1-hour sessions: $250
We will not be compensating for Table Talk facilitation this year.
Applications for submission will be open until June 17.
Email Elsa Carlson with any questions.
Thank you for your interest. This application is now closed.