Training of Trainers (TOT)
Child Care Aware of Minnesota is pleased to facilitate Training of Trainers (TOTs) events in a variety of curriculum areas. These offerings may be held face to face or online through the internationally recognized Eager-to-Learn.
All Minnesota Center for Professional Development (MNCPD) approved trainers are welcome, whether you are new to training or have been leading groups of providers for decades. When you have completed a TOT, you will be equipped to deliver the curriculum content to child care professionals in an engaging and fulfilling way.
To be considered for participation in TOTs you must be an approved trainer through the MNCPD and be able to provide your MNCPD Trainer Registry ID number. For information on trainer approval process visit http://www.mncpd.org/trainer_approval.html.
It is important to Child Care Aware that the application and selection process for participation in TOTs is transparent for all those involved. The process is as follows:
- When a TOT date is identified it will be posted on the TOT calendar.
- Each TOT posting will include the title of the curriculum, dates, times, cost, delivery format (face to face or online), a brief description of the curriculum content, minimum trainer qualifications and a link to an application.
- Trainer applications will be accepted through the application closing date. It is crucial to answer each question on the application clearly as it is linked directly to criteria that will be evaluated during the screening and selection process. Trainers must submit a new application for each TOT.
- If you do not meet the outlined minimum trainer qualifications identified for a TOT but would like to be considered for participation because you believe you have a unique situation, you can complete and submit a Request for Special Consideration in addition to your application.
- A committee of experts uses a standardized assessment rubric to review all applications and Requests for Special Consideration. Applicants will be selected for participation based on a variety of factors associated with the specific needs of statewide communities.
- Trainers are notified via email by the notification date listed on the TOT calendar if their application was or was not selected for participation in the TOT.
- A waiting pool is developed. If a trainer declines an invitation to participate in a TOT, the spot may be filled by a candidate from the waiting pool.
- Trainers who have been selected for participation must complete their registration by submitting payment in full no later than two weeks prior to the TOT start date.
- Cancellations and Refunds:
- A trainer is only successfully registered for a TOT when payment has been received in full.
- Trainers should complete their registration for the TOT as soon as possible after receiving an email notification that their application was accepted. Registration closes two weeks prior to the start of a TOT.
- TOTs with minimal registrations will be canceled or rescheduled. In the event that a TOT is canceled, participants will be notified no later than one week prior to the start of the TOT and will receive a full refund.
- Trainers may withdraw and receive a full refund up until one week prior to the start of a course. A participant who withdraws from a TOT after the one week deadline will not receive a refund. If withdrawal from a TOT is necessary please give as much notice as possible so another trainer may fill the spot.
To view upcoming TOT events click here.
For more information contact: Roz Zuest at email@example.com or 651-290-9704, ext. 117.
- Professionals & Caregivers