Financial Assistance for the National CDA
CDA Scholarships help providers pay for the required training, application, and renewal of the nationally recognized Child Development Associate Credential (CDA).
Due to lack of funding, scholarships will not be available until July 1, 2018.
When scholarships resume, you will see the following changes:
- Applications will only be accepted during certain times of the year
- To qualify for a scholarship:
- All training you take toward your CDA must appear on your CDA Learning Record from Develop as “approved training.”
- Your employer must have an Organization Account on Develop and your employment with them must be verified.
- For Training Reimbursement Scholarships:
- You will be reimbursed only after you earn your CDA.
- You can combine reimbursements for training with an Assessment Fee or Renewal Scholarship.
- We will reimburse training at the rate of $5 per hour up to a maximum of $600 for a CDA or $225 for a renewal.
What will not change:
- Child Care Aware will continue to pay the Council for Professional Recognition $300 for an initial CDA and $75 for a renewal. You will pay the difference. Once you have earned your CDA, you will be reimbursed $125 for a CDA or $50 for a renewal.
- You must have a current Develop Individual Membership.
- The application will be available on our website.
- Award notifications will be sent by e-mail.
After being awarded a scholarship, you will have 45 days to apply to the Council for Professional Recognition. After 45 days, your scholarship will expire.