About Child Care Aware of Minnesota
Child Care Resource and Referral is a non-profit celebrating 25 years of service with a name change. We are pleased to reintroduce ourselves as Child Care Aware of Minnesota. Since our founding, our 19 agencies have counseled over 600,000 parents on their child care choices and educated over 100,000 care professionals. We look forward to another 25 years of work alongside a second generation of Minnesota families and professionals.
View our 25th Anniversary Video on YouTube.
Child Care Aware of Minnesota grows communities by fostering the healthy growth of children and the professional growth of child care providers. We provide statewide leadership in shaping collaborations that build a diverse, high-quality child care system accessible to all Minnesota families through local resource and referral services.
In 2012 Child Care Aware Agencies:
- Helped 23,570 parents seeking child care, information on quality care and Parent Aware Star Ratings.
- Served 196,800 visitors on our website, marking nearly six million views.
- Learned that 91 percent of the families we served feel they are better equipped to choose and use child care because of their relationships with our parent educators.
- Introduced a Quality Child Care Looks Like list to promote five simple, practical concepts to empower parents as consumers of child care.
Annual Report Video
- Professionals & Caregivers